Being 23 years old is hard. Knowing that I am in the prime of my life - I have energy, endurance, curiosity, ideas, fire - that is scary. What am I going to do with all of that fire? What if I choose my path incorrectly and my fire burns out? What if I never get where I'm going?
Right now, having just left all of the safety, comfort and giddy sunshine of California behind, I can't help but have all of these questions. I can't help but ponder and overthink and stress about my life and my future and my career. As I child I dreamt of writing and making clothes. In college I dreamt of running a small business. After school, I dreamt of making money and being cool. Now here I am. In New York City, a wholly new territory to me. I've let go of everything that I've ever known and I am ready to start fresh. If only I knew where to start.
There is only one thing I know, and that is that, right now, I know nothing. I can only say that I know myself...at least I think I do. I think I know what I want, and I guess I at least know what I don't want. Let's just start there.
- To be inspired and motivated every day
- To be on the cutting edge
- My life to be my work, and my work to be my life
- To promote the things and people that I believe in
- To have my opinions be valued and trusted
- To always be learning and growing
- To write and create
- To go through the motions
- To get stuck
- To live for the weekend
- To be a cog in the machine
- To be a part of a big, soulless corporate culture
- To be made to feel that my opinions are unimportant
- To create things that I don't believe in